Weyerhaeuser Marine Coordinator in Seattle, Washington
Weyerhaeuser’s Wood Products Supply Chain organization is seeking a motivated, Marine Coordinator for their export team. This position will be based at the Corporate Headquarters building in Pioneer Square Seattle. If you thrive in a fast paced environment that requires problem solving and logistics support with room to grow then join our team!
In this role, you will be managing bookings for Export orders to offshore markets. You will collaborate with Export Sales in developing strategies to manage marine space requirements with multiple Ocean Carriers. You will work closely with affiliated Export Container Reloads and the Export Supply Chain team to manage confirmed bookings, container equipment availability, and vessel space. You will establish strong working relationships with Ocean Carriers to ensure adequate space requirements are met and rates are negotiated when required to ensure competitive marine rates under contract management. You will also be responsible for resolving any booking related issues and communicating outcome to Export Container Reloads, the Export Supply Chain team, Export Sales and / or customers directly.
*Key Functions: *
- Identify and execute Carrier strategy for specific business plan requirements for service, space, equipment, and customer needs.
- Coordinate and manage vessel space requirements for established Export order file.
- Assist in planning weekly vessel schedules with both Export Sales and the Reloads.
- Request and enter bookings based upon optimum cost and logistical considerations.
- Negotiate contract rates with multiple Carriers.
- Maintain updated marine rate data base for Export Sales.
- Communicate up to date information on key industry trends and issues.
Create reports as required for tracking key supply chain metrics related to marine shipping performance
3 years of experience preferably in an international field or with exposure to Export / Offshore markets
- Knowledge of Export compliance
- Experience working within a fast paced team environment
- Use of an enterprise planning system
- Excel software/databases and product knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and excellent business communication skills
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent related job experience
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans/
Job: *Procurement, Logistics, & Transportation
Title: Marine Coordinator
Requisition ID: 01016380
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs