Lockheed Martin AI Agility Coach Associate Manager in Shelton, Connecticut
Description: When it comes to using cutting-edge to tackle complex problems, is driven by a singular mission focus and desire to continuously innovate. Today’s challenges to global security aren’t just changing – they’re accelerating faster than ever before. Through our dedication to our mission, our -enabled systems are changing the way militaries operate and protect their forces, the way first responders fight fires, and how researchers explore the far reaches of space and the ocean’s depths.
The Lockheed Martin AI Center (LAIC) team is seeking a high energy engineer to lead our AI agile coaches. In this role, you will be supporting a team of coaches that are working along side engineers, ML/ engineers, product managers, and scientists. The selected candidate will focus on managing multiple agile development teams, supporting business development activities, and developing a mentorship and training program for new team members.
The selected candidate’s primary responsibility will be to lead our agile coaches who support teams in agility practices and tools which facilitate frequent and useful product deliveries to their customers. In this role, they will:
• Lead and mentor a team of agile coaches through expert knowledge and previous experience
• Foster the culture of the team
• Coach the team to establish successful practices and culture
• Champion processes and practices that benefit the team
• Recommend tools and facilitate exercises to address specific pain points within the team
• Understand, utilize, and teach team metrics
• Collaborate with leadership to ensure the team is enabled to succeed
• Communicate on multiple levels with leadership, customers, and within the team
The selected candidate will lead and enable other agility coaches and scrum masters within the LAIC to create a common baseline developer agility experience. In this effort they will be asked to:
• Develop a mentoring program for new agile coaches, up-skill team members, create common agile experience
• Maintain a continuous awareness of agility culture in and outside of LM
• Share new best practices from any and all sources with other scrum masters and agility coaches
• Guide/recommend usage of various tools, services, and activities
• Document common baselines and templates to facilitate new team startup
• Support staffing decisions, priority setting, refactor systematic pain points, recognize areas of strength and improvement within the team
The selected candidate will help leaders understand agility artifacts and planning methods, why they are used within the LAIC, and the value these stakeholders gain from an agility methodology.
Must be a US Citizen
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain the trade-offs between possible solutions
• Extremely good problem solving and organizational skills
• Passion and ability to learn and communicate both advanced concepts and high level strategy
• Demonstrated excellent team building and interpersonal skills, capable of relationship building with customers and employees at all levels and across multiple geographic locations. Demonstrated ability to work well with senior technical staff
• Must be a US Citizen
• Familiarity with AI/ML concepts, general understanding of software development and systems engineering.
• Experience in leading small technical teams.
• Familiarity with GitLab, JIRA, VersionOne, MURAL, Confluence, Box, Slack
• Experience in defining R&D objectives, preparing and presenting research plans and results to senior level and customers, developing R&D proposals, and planning, implementation, and tracking of R&D projects
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at , where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, ’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs