Fiserv Sr. Incident Management Specialist in Short Hills, New Jersey
What does a great Sr. Incident Management Specialist do at Fiserv?
As a Senior Incident Management Specialist, you will assume a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Technology Operation group within Card Services’ IT Operations. A hands-on candidate, you will be responsible for supervising Incident Management and Problem Management following the ITIL framework. You will be responsible for managing the onshore and offshore production Control teams, establishing work schedules, governance of technical SWAT Teams and hands-on incident management. You will provide weekly audits of incidents and problems for SLA and KPI reporting and for proper closure and work assignments to AppOps and AppDev teams. The ideal candidate will have ITIL foundation certification and has a minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience with ITIL Incident and Problem Management framework implemented with ServiceNow.
As a Sr. Incident Management Specialist you can expect to:
• Develop an optimal Incident Management organizational structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities, including mentoring and ITIL Skill development of IT Service Management personnel.
• Develop and enforce appropriate policies, procedures, and resource management practices.
• Deliver world-class 24x7x365 systems availability and performance through effective Incident Management processes, executive communications, and return-to-service activities.
• Direct and enforce Problem Management processes, ensuring controls and approvals are adhered to per defined policies and standards. Direct Problem review scheduling to ensure minimum possible impact to Clients.
• Define and direct the technical processes for Problem Management in the resolution of complex system problems. Determine and report on root cause for all problem events.
• Proactively monitor and direct vendor service delivery per stated Service Level Agreements. Act as primary interface to suppliers during problem management and change management events. Perform all internal escalations and executive communications regarding system issues and service delays.
• Direct reviews of Incident and Problem data for trends and recurrence of issues, identifying opportunities to reduce the frequency and eliminate service impacting events.
• Incident and problem management team oversight
o Active Incident management governance as AppOps and AppDev teams Investigate and diagnose Incidents to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible
o Coordinate Incident resolution within the specified Service Level Agreements/Operational Level Agreements during active incidents
o Provide guidance to AppOps and AppDev teams as they document troubleshooting steps and service restoration details post incident
• Establish weekly Incident manager work schedules
• Weekly and Monthly audit and reporting of Incidents and Problem status (RCA, SLA and KPI reporting)
• Support rollout of updated ITIL Incident and Problem framework
• Mentor junior-level incident team members
• Active member of the Corporate Incident and Problem Community of Practice Team
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experienced Incident Manager with proven command and control skills for active incident management
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business management
• ITIL Foundation or higher certification
• Proven Incident and Problem management SME
o Facilitate and support lessons learned reviews and track RCA and remediation items
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Expert level Microsoft EXCEL
• Experience coordinating offshore teams
• ServiceNow hands-on experience with report writer, Incident and Problem management functions
• Produce regular weekly and monthly KPI metrics for SLA, MTTR and other service management critical success factors.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
- Fiserv Jobs