Cardinal Health Pharmacy Technician in Smyrna, Delaware
Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill located in Smyrna, DE. We are currently recruiting for a full time p harmacy technician. Monday-Friday, 9:30am-6:00pm.
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers, ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
The Technician II, Health Systems Pharmacy provides assistance to the Pharmacist in the daily operations of the pharmacy. Activities include the preparation of and filling of prescriptions, taking pharmacy inventory and processing product returns. The Technician II, Health Systems Pharmacy ensures that all orders are reviewed by a registered pharmacist and records all activity in compliance with regulatory and company guidelines. This job frequently communicates with customers to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment of all orders.
- Assists pharmacists in filling prescription orders as permitted by State Boards of Pharmacy.
- Prepares medication for dispensing, packaging and shipment.
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out of date items from the inventory.
- Enters medical supply orders in pharmacy system.
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in an amicable and professional manner.
- Processes returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Inputs patient data and prescription information into the pharmacy information management system.
- Maintains knowledge of and abides by all applicable pharmacy laws and regulations.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- PTCB certified, or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks.
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area.
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications.
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution.
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods.
- Adheres to all quality guidelines.
- Works under moderate degree of supervision.
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor.
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs