HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Activity Therapist PRN in Snellville, Georgia
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Behavioral and Social Work department. Submit your application today!
We are seeking anActivity Therapist PRNfor our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package for Full Time and Part Time positions to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Eastside Medical Center is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for anActivity Therapist (PRN- as needed).
- Implements activity therapy program for adult and geriatric populations.
- Provides a variety of patient therapeutic & educational groups
- Responsible for accurate patient assessments, progress notes and treatment planning documentation
- Additionally, responsible to function well as a member of the multi disciplinary team.
- Participates in activity therapy program, directs activity therapy groups, and provides activity therapy training to staff.
- Maintains self-development, participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Utilizes effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courteous manner.
- Demonstrates age-specific care to the patient populations served.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- Bachelor’s degree in a Therapy modality, Counseling or related field - required
- One to Three years related therapy/counseling experience
- Credentials need to be either CTRS (Recreation Therapist), MT (Music Therapist), or ATR-BC (Art Therapist)
- BLS – American Heart Association
- Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Activity Therapist PRN
Location: Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville
Requisition ID: 08621-12603