Express Scripts Solution Architect in St. Louis, Missouri
The Solution Architect is responsible for leading the definition of comprehensive solutions to cross-functional business initiatives to realize the business needs and deliver the anticipated outcomes, leveraging technology, while furthering Express Scripts’ technology and architecture strategy.
- Engage with key stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of an initiative, including owning up-front impact analysis and sizing, defining high-level solutions that maximize quality and ensure strategic alignment to architecture strategies, guiding decomposition of work across teams and products while providing the scoping, sizing, and recommended sequencing of that work, and ensuring that desired solutions are achieved upon delivery.
- Partner with the business to bring technology architecture and innovation perspective to portfolio roadmaps, and otherwise contribute to development of business and portfolio roadmaps
- Partner with Platform Architects to define architecture strategy and long-term architectures
- Stay abreast of industry technology trends and potential for application
- Partner with key stakeholders on the evaluation, innovation, and adoption of new and emerging technology
- Promote continuous improvement of engineering and architecture practices
- 8-12 years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6-10 years relevant experience.
- Experience defining and communicating solutions for large, complex, cross-functional initiatives, through their full lifecycle
- Experience building strong relationships with business partners that sponsor initiatives and define goals, value and requirements for their initiatives
- Experience aligning solutions to architecture strategy, and demonstrating that thearchitecture/technicaloutcomes were achieved
- Experience defining and communicating shared solution patterns
- Experience driving technology selection and application
- Experience defining and contributing to architecture strategy
- Strong facilitation skills to align multiple stakeholders (business and technology) around a solution
- Excellent leadership, planning and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks, procedures, and practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, prioritize work, and make independent decisions
- Experience in the PBM and/or health care industry a plus
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes?Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran