Raymond James Financial, Inc. Compensation Specialist - PCG in St. Petersburg, Florida
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge of branch compensation arrangements and accounting skills obtained through experience and training to manage the various branch compensation process and handle related reporting to business unit senior management, financial advisors and staff. Manages processes and projects of moderate scope and complexity. Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in character requiring some evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Routinely recommends solutions to complex problems. Regular contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information related to branch compensation arrangements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews compensation agreements and ensures that they are calculated and administered correctly for experienced and new financial advisor resulting from employment agreements, contracts, stock grants, bonuses, schedule of payments, draw and deal level changes, terminated financial advisor balance, pre-approved discount exception accounts, quarterly bonus review and production matching as well as any other special deals.
• Reviews and processes all financial advisor compensation changes.
• Ensures monthly minimum wage requirements for commissioned associates are in compliance.
• Creates, reviews and/or audits reports on a regular basis. Provides reporting to business unit senior management.
• Identifies potential process improvements to increase efficiency in processing or analyzing financial information.
• Works with other areas of the firm on projects related to building and maintaining tracking systems. Participates or handles various projects as assigned.
• Resolves or recommends solutions to moderately complex problems.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General office practices, procedures, and methods.
• General payroll processing.
• Intermediate accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Accrual based accounting practices.
• Accounting software packages.
• Intermediate cost allocation concepts and practices.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Analyzing financial information.
• Performing mathematical calculations.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets and data bases.
• Preparing, processing and maintaining transaction documentation, files, and records.
• Organizational and time management sufficient to prioritize workload, handle
multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Identify, recommend and justify changes to standard procedures when required by specific situations and circumstances.
• Work independently, make decisions and resolve or recommend solutions to moderately complex accounting problems.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of associate records.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of Payroll or Accounting experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.
Job: Administrative & Support Services
Organization: Private Client Group
Title: Compensation Specialist - PCG
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1804129