Raymond James Financial, Inc. FIU Investigative Analyst, AML and Financial Crimes in St. Petersburg, Florida
As part of the Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”), under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills in securities and/or banking industry compliance obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification to monitor and investigate transactions for suspicious activity to ensure compliance with AML rules and regulations. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Investigate potentially suspicious activity generated through transaction monitoring cases.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for expected client behavior within various financial products in the retail brokerage and overall financial industry to identify patterns indicative of possible money laundering.
• Conduct appropriate due diligence related to the potential suspicious activity through the review of client background information, review of securities transactions, and fund movements as necessary.
• Conduct analysis and due diligence searches leveraging various third party and internal databases and research tools.
• Exercise independent discretion in the mitigation of potential financial crime risks presented by client activity, research findings, and overall facts and circumstances.
• Write and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) directly with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
• Administer policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations related to money laundering included in the USA PATRIOT Act.
• Monitor regulatory and legal developments, as well as industry trends, to facilitate incorporation into the Firm’s AML program.
• Inform management about issues that may involve rule violations or potential liability.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Concepts, practices and procedures of securities industry and/or banking compliance reviews.
• Rules and regulations of the USA PATRIOT Act, the Bank Secrecy Act, and other AML-related regulations, rules, or guidance.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products
• Administering anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
• Analyzing transactional activity and client behavior to identify suspicious transactions or AML risks. Developing and delivering technical training to others.
• Planning and scheduling work to meet regulatory organizational and regulatory requirements.
• Identifying and applying appropriate compliance monitoring procedures and tests.
• Making, parsing, and documenting risk-related decisions.
• Analyzing departmental processes to identify opportunities for efficiencies and exposures to risk.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Interpret and apply AML regulations and identify and recommend compliance changes as appropriate.
• Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Maintain currency in anti-money laundering rules and regulations and compliance examination techniques and best practices.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and two (2) years of relevant experience, or a comparable combination of education and experience, as approved by management and HR.
• CAMS certification required or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
Job: Auditing & Compliance
Organization: RJF Risk Management
Title: FIU Investigative Analyst, AML and Financial Crimes
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1803507