HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician PRN in St Petersburg, Florida
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
OurCertified Nursing Assistantteams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program.We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
TheCNAperforms a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT’s training, competence and skills, hospital policies and procedures and the State Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient care environment.
Under the supervision of the RN, the CNA performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one’s training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing. Correctly labels all lab specimens
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulation, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
- Provides supports by promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
*Education/Certification: * * CNA certification with the State of Florida * Current BLS Certification from the American Red Cross (HCA chosen provider) OR American Heart Association required *Experience: * * 1 year(s) of previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred * CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Palms of Pasadena Hospital opened more than forty years ago and has provided high-quality healthcare services for the people of St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas ever since. Over the years, the hospital has expanded to keep pace with community growth. Today the 307 bed hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services along with specialty programs. Over 350 physicians, 700 employees and 200 volunteers share in the hospital’s dedication to advanced care, improved technologies and medical expertise.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician PRN
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Palms of Pasadena Hospital
Requisition ID: 26536-3712