Cardinal Health Clinical Pharmacist (PRN) in Stafford, Texas
The Clinical Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Pharmacist will provide patient-centered MTM services for the purpose of optimizing medication therapy to improve clinical, economic and humanistic outcomes. The Clinical MTM Pharmacist will participate in a broad spectrum of MTM services including, but not limited to, Comprehensive Medication Reviews, Targeted Interventions, Adherence Monitoring Interventions, Cost-Effective Interventions and Transitions in Care to help achieve these outcomes. MTM services may be provided to patients telephonically or by remote video link (telehealth).
This is an on-site per diem position at the Cardinal Health Facility in either Stafford, TX, Lewisville, TX or Westmont, IL. Scheduling would be for various shift times between 8am-7pm CST Monday -Friday and/or 9am-5:30pm CST Saturday up to an average of 19 hours per week. Applicants must have a minimum availability of 10 hours per week. Schedule is known at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Deliver MTM services, including but not limited to, Comprehensive Medication Reviews, Disease Specific Medication Reviews, and Targeted Interventions to assess appropriateness of all medications, to optimize medication therapy and to improve clinical outcomes
- Conduct patient-centered Adherence Monitoring MTM services to help patients identify barriers with adherence and develop solutions to overcome those barriers
- Assist with managing medication costs through cost-effective interventions which may include, but are not limited to formulary and therapeutic interchanges and assessing unnecessary and/or duplicate medication therapies
- Efficiently assess prescribed medication therapy for unnecessary medications, need for additional medications, ineffective medications, inappropriate doses, adverse drug reactions, and adherence concerns
- Evaluate and document clinical responses to therapy including prior adverse reactions and efficacy
- Collaborate with prescribers, interdisciplinary care teams, patients and/or caregivers to identify and develop patient-specific disease state therapy goals
- Determine appropriate interventions to resolve medication therapy problems, achieve goals of therapy and prevent new medication therapy problems
- Communicate professionally and discuss/document clinical recommendations to prescribers and interdisciplinary care teams
- Accurately document patient care notes and recommendations in a clear, concise, professional and timely manner
- Coordinate medication reconciliation across the continuum of care by providing comprehensive reviews, addressing adherence concerns, assisting with patient education and monitoring clinical outcomes to help prevent unnecessary readmissions, lapses in care and adverse drug reactions
- Provide patient-centered education on chronic disease states, including medications used for prevention and treatment
- Meet productivity and performance expectations set forth by manager
- Actively contribute to a team culture that is mission driven and promotes integrity, inclusivity, innovation, and accountability
- Other duties as assigned
- Available to work various shifts, including some evenings and weekends.
- Board Certification in Ambulatory Care, Geriatrics, Pharmacotherapy, Medication Therapy Management, or other Board Certification provided through American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited pharmacy residency and/or fellowship
- Pharmacist licensure in multiple states
- Motivational Interviewing Skills
- Cultural Competency Training
- Completion of a MTM certificate course
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD from a college accredited by ACPE or graduate of a foreign college of pharmacy
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in the state(s) you are practicing in
- Ability to acquire pharmacist licensure in multiple states, if requested
- Strong clinical therapeutic skills and demonstration of knowledge of appropriate medication dosing in geriatric and adult populations
- Proven ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, be self-directed and possess excellent organizational skills
- Competent in the use of computers/technology
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs