Sherwin-Williams Blender in States, United States
Location: United States-Michigan-OAK PARK
Job Number: 210008VI
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all color matching and mixing equipment. The incumbent conducts draw-downs and prepares and blends customer orders to meet their specifications, while maintaining detailed records of their work orders and formulas.
- Prepare customer orders, including blending initial batch, making shade adjustments, filling and labeling batches.
- Make shade and gloss adjustments to meet customer requirements.
- Use Phoenix System including generating COA’s and QA sheets.
- Prepare spray-out and draw-down test panels.
- Expense miss-tints daily.
- Establish and maintain accurate customer work order files and formulas.
- Ensure customers’ quality and service expectations are met.
- Clean and repair store equipment
- Identify facility/equipment problems and make recommendations.
- Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing equipment in a safe manner.
- Properly store all partial containers to correct inventory location.
- Provide input regarding inventory levels in the warehouse/stockroom.
- Identify potential obsolete/damaged material and handle per established policy/procedures.
- Maintain daily clean up of lab, product service room and equipment.
- Maintain facility to S-W standards through proper maintenance, repair and housekeeping.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies.
- Take immediate action to contain spillage using hazardous material containment procedures as outlined in the Work Safe Manual, including proper and timely reporting.
- Assist with general warehouse, delivery and customer service duties as needed, including loading and unloading of material and waiting on customers.
- Know stock limits and be familiar with stock order procedure.
- Assist with physical inventory
- Help manage PSR expenses as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and lift and carry up to 50lbs and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.