Sherwin-Williams Facility PSR Manager in States, United States
Title: Facility PSR Manager
Location: United States-Utah-SALT LAKE CITY
Job Number: 210008V3
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The basic purpose of this position is to contribute to the PSR and facility’s operational performance by ensuring that sale orders are blended in an accurate and timely manner through the coordination, supervision and support of trained PSR personnel.
This position is for the 2nd shift and is scheduled from 2:00 PM to 12:30 AM from Monday - Thursday. These are 10 hour days at regular pay, as they work a 4/10 shift.
- Operate all material handling, mixing and testing equipment in a safe manner.
- Conduct monthly audits for old age product and determine disposition.
- Direct supervision of a minimum of two (2) full time equivalent personnel in product service room and lab, including writing and communicating performance review evaluations.
- Recruit and interview product service room and lab personnel, as needed, with the approval of the Operations Manager or Facility Manager.
- Responsible for training and development of product service room and lab personnel.
- Responsible for the care of internal and external calibration and maintenance of all laboratory and product service room equipment.
- Work in coordination with CC Facility Manager/Operations Manager to blend sales orders on a timely and accurate basis.
- Work with CC Facility Manager/Operations Manager to maintain adequate facility inventory to support customer service and maximize inventory turns.
- Responsible for final visual approval on all color, gloss and viscosity matches. Adjust formula colors by eye to meet “off standard” colors on an as needed basis.
- Maintain order-tracking system to ensure commitments are met and changes identified, and communicated to customer.
- Coordinate blending schedule to ensure proper mixing and delivery of orders.
- Responsible for the proper filling of all adjusted blends in the proper container as required by law or customer.
- Establish and maintain accurate work order files for reference by facility personnel.
- Maintain proper inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Respond to internal and external customer questions and service problems.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, legible and complete formulas for each blend.
- Responsible for maintaining dry (wet as required by customer) retains of each batch mixed.
- Prepare samples/panels and assist with sales presentations as needed.
- Maintain and implement customer information and follow-up.
- Act as additional support between dedicated CC reps and customers.
- Assist with customer service as needed.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all color standards (Sherwin-Williams’ and customers’).
- Maintain daily clean-up of product service room and lab, including equipment.
- Work with Facility Manager/Operations Manager to minimize hazardous waste and rework.
- Follow and keep customers advised on status of special order materials.
- Advise Facility Manager/Operations Manager on customer comments and complaints.
- Take immediate action to contain spillage using hazardous material containment procedures as outline in the Work Safe Manual, including proper and timely reporting.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety procedures according to policy and correct or report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies
- Ensure customers’ quality and service expectations are met. Investigate complaints regarding color, gloss, etc.
- Maintain customer relations to support sales staff.
- Cross-train employees in area of responsibility.
- Maintain store safety and security standards.
- Maintain inventory of rework and non-conforming materials.
- Assist with physical inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES / CAPABILITIES / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Employee is required to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion. May assist with handling drums of material excess of 100 lbs.
- Employee will spend approximately 20% of the day sitting, 25% standing, 45% walking and 10% stooping, climbing and kneeling.
- Employee is required to tint paint, therefore, needs to have good color perception.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to drive a car or van and operate material handling equipment.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Must have previous selling experience and strong customer relations skills.
- Must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.