Sherwin-Williams P&M Sales Representative, Multi Segment in States, United States
Title: P&M Sales Representative, Multi Segment
Location: United States-Iowa-CEDAR RAPIDS
Other Locations: United States-Wisconsin-LA CROSSE
Job Number: 210008VY
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Sales Representative is accountable for developing and driving sales in a specific geographic territory.
- Prospecting new business and making sales calls to existing accounts for the purpose of selling to customers in the Industrial and all of the Protective & Marine focus markets.
- Collect reliable customer/territory information and estimate individual customer potential.
- Develop a strategy to grow business with customers and identify items or product .categories that require specific attention in support of this strategy.
- Develop weekly selling plan and conduct sales calls accordingly.
- Determine where customer is in the overall selling process and what steps are necessary to move the process along.
- Conduct product demos to support the selling process.
- Support customers' application requirements.
- Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads provided by store/facility personnel as appropriate.
- Manage customer complaints within lines of authority and manage process to resolution.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid state issued driver's license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years business to business sales experience.
- Prefer experience as a Commercial Branch Manager or Sales Rep with proven successful sales performance in a large territory; or comparable non-SW industry Sales Rep experience.
- Ability to travel (occasionally overnight) as needed
- Ability to maintain a discipline in pre-call planning daily and monthly activity to ensure time is maximized and the territory SherPlan is being executed.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the Protective & Marine products, Industrial Flooring products, and application methods, market dynamics and trends in the coatings industry.
- Strong working knowledge of concrete surface preparation and application of floor coatings.
- Knowledge of and capable of using sales excellence methods in sales calls and time management.
- Ability to evaluate growth and improvement opportunities and establish a strategic direction taking into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Experience and proven success in conducting outside sales calls on commercial and wholesale accounts to build new business and increase existing business.
- Excellent wholesale customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints within lines of authority and manage process to resolution.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including professional presence and exhibiting confidence with customers.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job with/without reasonable accommodation
- 3 years of business to business sales experience in the coatings industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of multiple corrosion prevention solutions
- NACE or SSPC Certified or other industry certifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to effectively communicate and influence specifiers and asset owners.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge in Protective & Marine products, industrial preparation and application equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/business field
x Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
x Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
x Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
x Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
x Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
x Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
x May work indoors and outdoors as needed. Exposure to heat up to 120 degrees and cold to 0 degrees.
x May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
x May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
x May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
x Work surfaces may include concrete.
x Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
x Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
x Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by the law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.