Lockheed Martin AAFS Cash and New Business FP&A Lead in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background.
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, encouragement, and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
Benefits: In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k, insurance and a new 4/10 schedule. We remain an equal opportunity company.
Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, is seeking highly qualified applicants for a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst for their Army and Air Force Systems (AAFS) market segment. This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain in depth knowledge of the AAFS business and obtain exposure to senior management. With key customers among the AAFS Program and Finance leadership, the ability to maintain a high standard of performance in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities is a key success factor in this role. The ideal candidate should also have solid analytical, communication, and time management skills, be team-oriented, and have a strong work ethic.
Overall responsibilities include AAFS Collections, Cash Flow, and Net Investment planning and analysis and capital project analysis and reporting for all AAFS programs. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting new business activities, including business case development, analysis, and leadership reviews. The candidate will monitor related closing activities and status throughout the closing cycle, consolidate actual performance information, and perform variance analysis in support of AAFS CFO closing review meetings and LM Sikorsky CFO closing meetings. The candidate will also coordinate with the Program teams to collect, analyze, and report data for quarterly and year-end requirements, as well as prepare a monthly forecast (Outlook) for review with senior management and submission to Core FP&A including associated variance explanations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Interfacing with Program team members to obtain program input and updates
- Accumulate forecast inputs and validate inputs in Hyperion Planning, as needed
- Analyze, forecast, and understand business drivers of Cash Flow, Net Investment, and Capital ensuring forecasts are consistent with expectations
- Identify and maintain risks and opportunities related to the forecast based on an understanding of current events and program activities
- Support financial review meetings for monthly closing, monthly forecast, monthly capital council and other financial reviews
- Lead effort to track the status of cash flow and capital throughout financial periods, and effectively communicate results and variances
- Coordinate annual Capital Plan and Operating Plan development and Long-Range Plan efforts
- Contribute to the accurate, concise, and timely preparation of executive presentations, including monthly Executive Council Reviews
- Support ad hoc reporting and analysis – key customers include but are not limited to Executive Council, AAFS Leadership, Finance Directors, and core FP&A
Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 2+ years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 4+ years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
Prior FP&A experience
Proficient use of Microsoft Office Applications, SAP and Hyperion preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs