Lockheed Martin Aftermarket Engineering Special Project Lead in Stratford, Connecticut
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are passionate about innovation and integrity, and we are taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our employees live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless. We are looking for hardworking and qualified applicants to join the ground test team on this continuing exciting adventure! Are you ready to join us?
Working under the direction of the Aftermarket Chief Engineer the special project lead primary focus is the sustainment engineering Control Account Management, responsible for the development, definition and management of the scope, schedule and budget for work associated with various engineering sustainment projects for the CH-53K program. Duties include:
- Participate in the negotiation of the scope of work for the control account (CA) and document the results in the WBS dictionary and Control Account Work Authorization (CAWA).
- Negotiate the schedule for the CA and document the results on the CAWA.
Negotiate the total lump-sum budget for the CA and document the results on the CAWA.
- Subdivide the work (scope) within the CA into work packages as needed to establish adequate division of work and definition of work.
- Prepare and maintain detail engineering schedules within work packages identifying the logic network activities required to accomplish the work package.
- Establish and maintain resource requirements for each activity, being careful that total planned resources do not exceed the CA budget.
- Identify the earned value measurement technique to be used for each activity.
- Document the time-phased resource-loaded schedule activities and their assigned earned value measurement technique as a the work package and CA performance Measurement Baseline.
- Authorize, direct, and control work within the work packages or identify work package managers who will manage the work packages.
- Provide the remaining duration and remaining resource requirements for all in-process and future activities weekly.
- Conduct weekly reviews of plans and accomplishments including the recording of progress on activities a, the identification and analysis of variances, and the analysis of the estimate to complete developed from the remaining duration and resource requirements.
Negotiate significant variance thresholds for the CA and monitor variances against the thresholds.
- Prepare Variance Analysis Reports as required.
- Develop, implement and manage corrective actions at the activity level in the current version of the plan taking care not to disturb the baseline.
-Identify and baseline scope, schedule or budget changes when required and submit Baseline Change Requests as described in the change control policy.
- Prepare and present to leadership status on Earned Value Management metrics
Minimum 2-3 years of Earned Value Management experience. Experience on an ACAT 1 Full Criteria Program is a plus.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Minimum 3 years of professional experience.
Experience with Earned Value Management.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Fluent in MS Office Products especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to work and integrate with technical team members to understand all aspects of the product being developed/produced and the earned value implications.
Familiarity with Sikorsky Earned Value System with knowledge of Lockheed Martin Earned value system preferred.
Versed in MS Project or Primavera Project Management
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs