Lockheed Martin Aviation Safety Intern in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: Aviation & Product Safety is responsible for implementing and managing Sikorsky's Safety Management System, administering the ground and flight safety programs for all Sikorsky flight operations locations, conducting safety analysis for development programs, and providing safety support to our fleet operators. A&PS is seeking a candidate interested in Safety Management Systems, ground and flight safety of test and production operations, new program development safety, and support to our existing fleet operators.
• Understands the overall concept of the aviation, systems engineering, and a pro-active safety culture.
• Rotates through our areas of responsibility (Aviation Safety Operations, Fleet Safety, Development Program Safety, Safety Management Systems) and provides ideas to enhance safety in these areas.
• Accepts designated, business-focus projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and present final project during the internship.
• Engages with senior members of the department.
• Understands technical engineering information which may include drawings, manuals, and detailed procedures.
• Learns and becomes proficient on internal software systems.
• Assists in creating reports and presentations.
• Verbal/written communication
• Customer focus
• Computer skills including Zoom, Skype, Teams, MS Office
• In 3rd or 4th year of college graduate program in Aeronautics, Engineering, Physics.
• Prior industry experience is preferred.
• Pilot or student pilot is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs