Lockheed Martin Contracts Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Contracts Senior Manager will provide leadership to the Management function for the Military Space Line of Business within Lockheed Martin Space. You must have the ability to provide management and expertise to a staff of professionals in multiple locations, and guide growth and development of the function as necessary to support the changing needs of the Business.
This position directly participates in establishing and administering projects and assignments and maintaining a consistent business reporting rhythm. Candidate must be comfortable working all contract types (FFP, FPI, CPAF/IF, OTA, T&M) and have demonstrated experience establishing and refining management approaches, developing strategies for various contract types, operational support, and best practices and tools.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plays a key role in shaping the future of Lockheed Martin through capturing follow-on and new business as well as developing leaders within the organization.
- All aspects of administration including proposal support and negotiation, post- award administration, scope management, and closeout.
- Serve as a valued business leader and partner with business development, programs, functional counterparts and Program Management leadership to drive creative and competitive contracting approaches.
- Provide guidance, advice and counsel to programmatic and technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract related matters
- Responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Collaborate with internal customers (including Line of Business leadership) and external customers.
- Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal, provides risk assessments and coordinate proposals
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies
- Develop and apply solutions to complex problems which require the regular use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Managing, mentoring, training and providing contractual guidance to junior employees
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Must be an experienced leader.
- Experience providing strategic and sound business advice to senior leadership.
- Expertise in U.S. Government (FAR/DFARs) Contracting.
- Experience with identification of risk and associated financial implications.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and strategically with functional and program counterparts to drive business results.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Experience in drafting terms and conditions.
- Proposal preparation and negotiations.
- Knowledge of all contracting arrangements for complex development and hardware programs.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs