Lockheed Martin Electronics Manufacturing Processes Inspector in Sunnyvale, California
Description: IAM Hourly represented employees who currently work at the main (Sunnyvale/Palo Alto) unit, Santa Cruz, VAFB or Eastern Range facilities must apply to open requisitions on Brass Ring to be considered for the position.
Independently perform all inspection tasks relative to the acceptance or rejection for process or workmanship of in-process or completed electronics parts, assemblies and equipment.
• Working from blueprints, schematics, inspection criteria and other manufacturing and engineering documentation inspect at the in-process or completed condition a variety of electronics parts, assemblies and equipment such as printed circuit boards, flex circuitry, solar assemblies/arrays, flight hardware subassemblies and top assemblies, vehicle harnesses and ground support cables and ground support equipment for workmanship and manufacturing process conformity.
• Visually review and compare with acceptable standards such processes and assembly operations as registration, plating, mechanical operations, soldering, brazing, welding, swaging, wire wrap, lugging splicing, routing, encapsulation, torquing and final assembly as related to electrical and electronics hardware.
• Witness or perform manual hi-pot and continuity operations on wiring. Inspect the incorporation of design changes as required.
• Stamp or otherwise approve acceptable items, reject unacceptable items and prepare all necessary documentation. Use information processing equipment as required to perform the above tasks.
Satisfactory performance as an Inspector, Electronics Manufacturing Processes -Trainee and completion of a 50-hour course of study in Statistical Quality Control as presented by local training facilities.
Ability to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
• Ability to read and interpret manufacturing work instructions and other authorizing documents
• Normal or corrected to normal vision is required. Applicant shall be able to pass visual acuity examination
• Ability to climb scaffolding and ladders as required to make required inspections
• Ability to work a flexible work week including flexible start time, weekends, and overtime as needed
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion and maintenance of all required certifications for this role.
• Technical aptitude or experience in one or more of the following areas: fabrication or quality assurance of electronic CCA/PWB solder, Box/Module, Cable Harness or Acceptance Testing.
• Prior experience with wire harness or electronics manufacturing
• Solder, bond, and coating certification
• Industry-related certifications such as NASA Hand Solder, J-STD, Hardware torque, Adhesive Bonding, Polymerics, Connector Mate & De-Mate, and NASA cable harness
• Capable of Multi-tasking in a fast-paced team environment
• Computer skills including SAP/ERP experience
• SAP working knowledge
• Ability to obtain DOD security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs