Lockheed Martin Fault Management & MBSE Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Special Programs Remote Sensing - Right for you!
Come join Lockheed Martin's Special Programs Remote Sensing (RS) Engineering Team. This diverse team has been a primary provider of national Remote Sensing capabilities for over 50+ years. As part of our team you will get to build products that elevate the mission and be are a trusted partner for critical national capabilities.
You will join an elite team of Systems Engineers creating new and innovative methods for designing and capturing system level Concept of Operations (CONOPS). Be a part of the Digital Transformation. The successful candidate will lead the development of Fault Management Plan using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches.
As a Fault Management & MBSE Engineer, you will:
• Develop cutting edge technical capabilities for our customers while simultaneously developing the groundbreaking model-based systems engineering methods used to create them
• Lead the development of the Space Vehicle Fault Management Plan and Functional Failure Analysis (FFA) Documentation utilizing Agile and Model Based Systems Engineering
• Coordinate an integrated solution between Systems Engineering, Hardware and Software teams
• Lead and develop innovative tools and methods for interfacing and automating tasks with Cameo MBSE software
• Lead, participate in, coordinate, and present material at working groups, design reviews, and technical product reviews
-This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a U.S. Citizen
• Bachelors degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related subject area, or equivalent experience
• Experience with one or more Systems Engineering functions including:
a) System trade studies, CONOPS, and/or System modeling
b) Requirements, Interface Control Document (ICD), or Interface Definition Document (IDD) development
c) System Integration, Fault Management, Test and/or Verification
d) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
• Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to maintain
7+ years experience with spacecraft architecture design, development, integration, test, with knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Experience leading diverse technical teams
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience in the development of Fault Management architectures and Functional Failure Analysis (FFA). Ability to coordinate the integration of these concepts into the software environment
• Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering tools (Cameo, Rhapsody, etc)
• Experience with a software scripting/programming language (e.g. Python, HTML, Matlab, Visual Basic, C/C++, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences of varying technical knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Active TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance with the ability to maintain
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs