Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Staff - Dynamics in Sunnyvale, California
Description: • This position is intended to primarily support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Common Missile Compartment (CMC) program, but the successful candidate will be a member of the Loads & Dynamics central functional organization.
• This lead role will coordinate and direct the Loads & Dynamics (LAD) model development effort for the CMC Program to support engineering integration activities across in support of overall verification of the Missile System.
• This lead is responsible for supporting systems engineering in the verification planning and compatibility assessment execution on the COLUMBIA and Dreadnought Platforms for LAD related risks.
• The leader will work with the Flight Science Engineering (FSE) Associate Manager to define and obtain the necessary data to refine the flight sciences models to demonstrate compatibility and show compliance to the ORP and UKS Platforms.
• The lead will provide technical expertise for program problem resolution, as relates to CMC special projects (e.g. XPR) and will ensure that best practices and LAD tools are applied.
• The lead will interface with and represent LAD work to LM Senior Management and Strategic Systems Programs Navy customers.
• The lead will require the ability to effectively work with teams across multiple sites and interface with several outside organizations.
• Performs dynamic analyses on missile and spacecraft flight hardware.
• Produces and maintains dynamic models generated from both in-house and commercially available structural analysis software codes, that simulate re-entry body and missile segment staging and separation events as well as spacecraft dynamic/separation events.
• The successful candidate will also perform loads development (primary structure and component level), shock and vibration environments determination and component and system level testing and data evaluation.
• Assists in preparation of test plans and dynamics analysis reports; static, separation dynamics, vibration, modal and shock test execution; and post-test reports.
The analyst will be responsible for fluid dynamics and performance analysis modeling and simulation to support verification and compatibility assessment on the COLUMBIA and Dreadnought Platforms. The candidate will also be responsible for creating technical memos, providing input to data packages to support peer and customer reviews, and presenting analysis results to internal engineering teams, customer technical representatives, and Program Office personnel during technical exchange meetings.
• Bachelors + 9 years work experience or Masters degree + 7 years work experience in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent/related fields.
• The candidate must possess strong communication, both oral and written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• FBM technical experience to include working knowledge of the D5LE system and Strategic Weapon Systems (SWS) technical branches
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a team lead role or equivalent
• Major technical reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.) experience and Systems Engineering training or experience
• Course work and experience in all areas of structural dynamics (including multi-body / rigid body dynamics and equations of motion), finite element analysis, loads and coupled loads derivation methods, statics, mechanics of materials (strength of materials).
• Working knowledge of NASTRAN, FORTRAN, LS DYNA, ABAQUS, NX, Pro-E/CREO, LINUX and standard Windows software environment desired.
• Familiarity with programming principles and languages a plus.
• Familiarity with various forms of testing (static, thermal, acoustics, random vibration, and shock) and digital data acquisition systems including high speed video capture/analysis is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs