Lockheed Martin Solar Cell Electrical/Mechanical Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin.
At the forefront of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our standout skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and work ethic to excel we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for a meaningful career?
If so, Come join the team that designs and builds solar arrays for spacecraft!
We are seeking an experienced engineer for both the oversight of solar cell subcontracts and to design/build solar arrays for spacecraft at Lockheed Martin. The successful candidate will combine Aerospace industry experience in both space solar cells and solar arrays, particularly from an electrical perspective.
You will provide direct support to the Solar Array Manufacturing Center for critical solar cell and solar array components, including the integration of these components into higher levels of the solar panel and wing assembly. You will need to possess strong knowledge in all aspects of space solar cell and solar array processing and testing, with an excellent track record in this technical area, including leading IRAD projects to develop new technology. In this role you will:
- Participate in issue resolution and develop solutions to technical problems of varying complexity while assuring sound technical content and timely closure.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel and subcontracted suppliers to supervise the build and test of production hardware, and be able to resolve discrepancies.
- Obtain certification as a Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) for the solar cell. The CPE is the technical advocate responsible for all aspects of the product from program inception to launch and on-orbit operations.
- Lead team meetings, representing the team with the program/customer, reporting schedule performance, reporting earned value management metrics, and leading design reviews, readiness reviews, and review boards.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience designing and manufacturing space solar cells/arrays
• Experience developing, reviewing, and maintaining engineering documents, specifications, and technical analyses necessary to support product build and testing activities
• Good verbal and interpersonal skills; proven able to work effectively across multiple fields including Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and PMP
• Experience leading teams
• Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance; US citizenship is required
• 12+ years of experience working with space solar cell and other space solar array components and materials suppliers, and in designing and building space solar arrays.
• Experience providing technical oversight of subcontracts for solar cell/array components (solar cells, substrates, hinges, FCCs, etc.)
• Experience working with and overseeing solar array manufacturing operations
• CPE or CPE delegate experience
• MRB trained and certified
• Experience leading small teams, including IRAD projects to develop new solar array technology
• Cost account manager training/experience
• Strong mentoring skills
• Current DOD Secret/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs