Cardinal Health Consultant, Logistics Operations in Syracuse, New York
What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health
Transportation is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
The Logistics Operations Consultant manages daily shipping execution of line hauls and routes, escalations, route changes, issue resolution, Logistics Service Provider hub audits, and driver audits.
- Manage daily execution of final mile shipments from assigned forward distribution centers to our customers.
- Resolve problems concerning flow, carrier, fleet, and customer issues associated with delivery and logistics flow.
- Manage daily on-time performance including departure and delivery.
- Manage financial components for final mile deliveries including the assets utilization and shipment cube utilization.
- Support root cause identification/day-to-day execution, resolution of challenges/opportunities, customer implementation/disengagement.
- Deliver process improvements that drive efficiency and help to ensure budget accountability and savings opportunity identification.
- Provide tier 1 Logistic Service Provider support; Tier 1 is defined as day-to-day issue resolution which does not require a written performance plan, additional contract SOW development, or escalation within Cardinal Health or the Logistics Service Provider.
- Conduct field hub and driver audits to ensure compliance to our delivery standards
- Coordinate daily and weekly carrier performance reviews
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs