HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Administrative Director Surgical Services in Tallahassee, Florida
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Capital Regional Medical Center has been serving the Big Bend community for more than 40 years and is an HCA-owned facility. As a fully accredited healthcare facility, we strive to provide the latest in state-of-the art technologies and best practices to our community. With more than 1100 employees and 500 physicians our number one priority is to exceed our patients’ expectations with the highest quality and most compassionate care.
*Capital Regional Medical Center, *a 270 licensed bed acute care facility has received several awards and distinctions over the years including:
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™
- Accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Center
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™
- Recipient of Leapfrog Safety Grade 'A' — four cycles in a row
Learn more about quality and safety at Capital Regional Medical Center.
Capital Regional offers the fastest ER Wait Times in Leon and Gadsden Counties. Our ER is fully-equipped to handle urgent and critical emergencies, including; cardiac, neurological and pediatric emergencies, orthopedic injuries, and obstetrical and gynecological cases.
We have physicians in 20 specialties and subspecialties readily available, and patients are assured access to comprehensive emergency healthcare 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
TheAdministrative Director of Surgical Services has a strategic focus to provide outstanding patient service, grow the service line, develop leadership, and manage resources. They are responsible for maintaining strong physician and administration relationships. They are able to function at a high level business acumen.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in Surgical Services.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Utilizes talent review data for pipeline development.
- Fosters strategic career advancement for perioperative services leaders.
- Sets strategic vision and goals for departments.
- Defines standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Promotes cooperation/collaboration with other departments, medical staff, auxiliary, and community agencies to facilitate optimum patient care.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Promotes service line growth through building strategic relationships with medical staff and medical staff office.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic external networks.
- Partners with Physicians and Provider Relations team to grow and sustain business.
Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s degree Nursing or Administration required
- 3 years of experience in leadership role required
- 3 years of experience in of experience in surgical services require
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed or eligible as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Administrative Director Surgical Services
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-12640