HCA, Hospital Corporation of America GME Accreditation Coordinator in Tampa, Florida
Exciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services! * * HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal:/the care and improvement of human life./
We are currently looking for an exceptional *GME Accreditation Coordinator *to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us?Click here!
HCA Graduate Medical Education is one of the nation’s largest providers of residency and fellowship training programs across the nation. With more than 203 programs across 21 specialties and 43 hospitals, HCA GME is building a leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education programs. We believe graduate medical education is much more than medical training. Our goal is to inspire the next generation of physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patient-centered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine. HCA hospitals currently train more than 2,650 residents and fellows with that number growing to 5,500 by 2020.
TheGraduate Medical Education/Accreditation Coordinatorwill be responsible for engaging HCA GME program coordinators, faculty, program directors and designated institutional officials in our existing 265 (and future planned) GME programs. Under the supervision of the AVP for GME Accreditation, the Graduate Medical Education/Accreditation Coordinator is expected to help align our programs and personnel with ACGME education and accreditation requirements and expectations, and facilitate resources necessary for initial and continued accreditation. Additional duties include staffing the DIO Affinity Group, data analysis of the annual ACGME Resident and Faculty Surveys, and evaluating our programs and personnel against established quality performance metrics.
* * DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Collaborate with GME program and institutional personnel across the enterprise as new and existing programs navigate ACGME program and institutional requirements and expectations.
- Develop outgoing communication regarding implementation of new ACGME requirements – program, common and institutional requirements and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents as released by the ACGME.
- Analyze large-scale data, for sharing across the enterprise and making recommendations for adaptive change to incorporate findings.
- Prioritize multiple requests from Corporate GME, from Division staff and from program and institutional staff
- Help identify which programs are in need of Special Reviews as a result of conducting assessment of program quality. Manages all aspects of organizing Special Reviews throughout the enterprise, when necessary, to ensure continued accreditation of at-risk programs.
- Navigate program, institutional and division relationships to develop solutions to identified areas for improvement.
- Develop functional and technical subject matter expertise to translate accreditation information to relatable content for all of our enterprise-wide GME staff.
- Continuously update accreditation data – applications received and submitted, upcoming site visit data (dates, accreditation field staff, debriefing afterwards) and accreditation results for initial and continued accreditation decisions.
- Collect and distribute appropriate, up-to-date and necessary information for the DIO Affinity Group, in addition to staffing the group and organizing meetings and minutes.
- Collaborates with Corporate GME team members in aligning accreditation needs and data gathering/analysis with education, research, finance and other critical aspects of GME institutional and program administration.
- Coordinates large-scale, complex accreditation initiatives involving multiple internal and external partners.
- Facilitates accreditation projects to ensure deadlines and commitments to time, cost, and quality are achieved.
- Collaborates with internal and external subject matter experts to ensure initial accreditation when new program applications are prepared and discussed, and continued accreditation when programs are operational.
- Collaborates with leadership in scheduling and developing site visit preparation, including researching and securing appropriate individuals to be involved, sequential preparation sessions and documentation review to prepare for submission to ACGME.
- Ensures alignment of HCA GME accreditation activities with ACGME accreditation standards, program innovations and specialty-specific curriculum standards.
HIGHLY PREFERRED EXPERIEINCE * Previous experience in navigating ACGME Program, Common Program and Institutional Requirements and FAQs * Experience working with all levels of GME staff – Leadership (DIOs, GME Directors and Program Directors) and Faculty and Staff (teaching faculty and program coordinators/administrators) * Experience working in fast-paced, high-output GME environment and comfortable with changing priorities * Experience in organizing and prioritizing large-scale projects involving multiple personnel * * MINIMUM QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION * Bachelor’s Degree Required * Minimum of 5 years related GME experience Required * GME Accreditation experience highly preferred
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: GME Accreditation Coordinator
Location: Florida-Tampa-West Florida Division Office
Requisition ID: 24607-94279