Cardinal Health Pharmacist in Tewksbury, Massachusetts
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers, ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
The MA State Office of Pharmacy (MSOPS) Pharmacy Distribution Center (PDC) provides medications via central fill in unit dose or blister card form for DDS, DPH, DMH, DOC, and HOC facilities throughout the Commonwealth ofMassachusetts. Thisposition reports to the Director of Pharmacy or their designee. The primary objective of this position is to review and interpret physician orders, accurately dispense medications, support the onsite pharmacy technicians, works effectively under the direct supervision of the Director of Pharmacy and/or their designee to meet the drug needs of the MSOPS patient population.
- 32 hours/week.
- Rotating between day and evening shift.
- Rotating weekends.
- Checks unit dose medication for appropriate drug, dose, quantity, and packaging integrity.
- Supervise and direct pharmacy support personnel as assigned by the Director of Pharmacy.
- Facilitates availability of first doses and specialty items; maintains adequate medication supplies.
- Completes monthly controlled substances audits and quality assessment rounds.
- Maintains and enforces the documentation and security of narcotic medications.
- Review medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness; Reviews transcription of medication orders.
- Updates medications on administrative records.
- Provides pharmacokinetic monitoring of patients receiving specific drugs and ensures that serum concentrations are drawn; monitors parental nutrition.
- Observes for adverse drug reactions; documents all medication incidents within the reporting module.
- Provides medication counseling to patients; provides drug information to physicians, nurses, patients and other health care professionals.
- Documents interventions with health care personnel related to drug therapy.
- Performs drug utilization evaluations on medications; oversees activities of medication administration nurses; participates in patient care rounds.
- Provides in-service education to hospital health care professionals.
- Repackages bulk medications in unit-dose packages safely and accurately per established procedures using appropriate techniques.
- Demonstrates competency in automated dispensing equipment and adheres to established processes and procedures.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of passwords.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services, and quality improvement programs.
- Completes timely and maintains all required training and education per department requirements (e.g., mySpark, myLearning, Continuing Education).
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies andprocedures. Complieswith all requirements related to risk management, safety, security, fire, and infectioncontrol. Complieswith all applicable state, local and federal regulations
- Maintainssafety-integrity-professionalismat all times to include appropriate communication with coworkers.
- Willing to modify work schedule to accommodate staffing needs of facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (BS Pharm) or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy or equivalent.
- Active Registered Pharmacist License in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in good standing or ability to obtain.
- Hospital, long term care, or retail experience preferred.
- Informatics and medication safety experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization, presentation and leadership skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation as needed.
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes: 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks.
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes action to resolve.
- Applies judgment within defined parameters.
- Receives general guidance and may receive more detailed instruction on new projects.
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy.
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs