Caterpillar, Inc. Quality manager in Thiruvallur, United States
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Oversees the administration and continual improvement of quality management systems.
• Supporting development of quality assurance strategies, processes, guidelines and control plans which assure quality and reliability of manufactured products.
• Leading the development and implementation of corrective action and preventive measures to achieve quality targets.
• Investigating and addressing trends with internal and external non-conformance.
• Leading, managing and developing multiple teams, team leaders, quality specialists and inspectors to assure that quality standards are met.
• Developing and reviewing reports to review with quality assurance, production, management, and engineering personnel to solve quality issues.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Knowledge of effective planning techniques and ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Level Working Knowledge:
• Contributes to short-term operational plans.
• Anticipates and adapts to plan changes.
• Monitors progress of work against plan as required to meet objectives.
Collaborating: Knowledge of collaborative techniques; ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Level Working Knowledge:
• Demonstrates experience participating in productive collaborative processes.
• Under guidance, initiates collaborative meetings.
• Assists in communicating shared goals with diverse groups and parties.
Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to diverse situations.
Level Working Knowledge:
• Identifies and documents specific problems and resolution alternatives.
• Examines a specific problem and understands the perspective of each involved stakeholder.
• Develops alternative techniques for assessing accuracy and relevance of information.
• Helps to analyze risks and benefits of alternative approaches and obtain decision on resolution.
• Uses fact-finding techniques and diagnostic tools to identify problems.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA): Knowledge of the concepts, principles and techniques of root cause analysis (RCA); ability to use a structured approach to identify the causes of undesirable consequences in a manufacturing environment and the changes needed to prevent recurrences.
Level Basic Understanding:
• Explains the rationale for finding and resolving the real cause of a problem rather than simply continuing to deal with the symptoms.
• Describes the basic steps in an approach to root cause analysis (RCA).
• Gives examples of problems that were resolved through root cause analysis.
• Defines the terms 'Fixes that Fail structure' and 'Addiction structure'.
Top Candidate will have:
BE mechanical , auto, production with 6 plus years of experience in automobile & related industry with strong Quality function background .
- Manage of people to support to daily production roll out with Safety & Quality .
2 .Do demonstrate stop to fix for any product quality issues alerted from line assembly or from customer .
Lead analysis of quality issues & provide RCCA .
Having knowledge of IMS (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015,ISO45001 :2018) & having internal auditor certification would be added advantage .
Conduct kaizen /continuous improvement projects in respective value stream.
6 .Deep knowledge on Quality tools for doing RCCA.
7.paint inspection knowledge added advantage.
The Power of Everyone (https://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers/why-caterpillar/diversity-inclusion.html)
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of a variable bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
February 12, 2024 - February 23, 2024
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community (http://flows.beamery.com/caterpillarinc/talcom) .
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.
- Caterpillar, Inc. Jobs