HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Therapist in Thornton, Colorado
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Speech Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan forgiveness, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
North Suburban Medical Centeris the highest-quality hospital in north Denver. As a member of the HealthONE family of hospitals, North Suburban is one of just two hospitals in the state of Colorado to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures each of the last five years. In addition, North Suburban is the only hospital in north Denver to receive an “A” rating on the Leapfrog Group’s biannual patient safety ratings the last nine surveys. North Suburban has been honored by the Women’s Choice Awards as one of America’s Best ERs and one of America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety. Licensed for 157 beds, North Suburban is located in Thornton, Colorado, a 10-minute drive from downtown Denver.
This position reflects beginner to advanced levels of experience and expertise in the area of Speech Therapy. Staff functioning in this role will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development, and professional initiatives. These individuals may serve as a division resource for their particular area of expertise. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Treatment is provided in compliance with the Hospital and Speech Therapy Service Policies and Procedures.
- Supports the hospital and department at all times and participates in the Department and Hospital Performance Improvement efforts.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining and improving Speech Therapy knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to function independently and possesses evaluation and decision making skills.
- Therapists with one or more years’ experience may mentor and/or oversee the clinical practice of new graduates and students.
- Participation in professional initiatives and staff development.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- Employee must maintain an active registration with the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
- Employee must maintain an active Speech Language Pathology Certification in the State of Colorado.
- Employee must have current certification in AHA or ARC BLS.
Graduate of an accredited school with a BS or MS degree in Speech Language Pathology.
One year in a hospital or clinical setting preferred
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Therapist
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-98778