Cargill Fab Operator- 2nd Shift (3:30 pm – End of Shift) - Full Time, Timberville, VA in Timberville, Virginia
This is a full-time position located in Timberville . Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance
$2500 Sign On Bonus
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats is a business committed to serving a broad range of retail, foodservice, deli, club store and branded food customers. We are focused on the success of our own national brands as well as the brands of our customers. We utilize state-of-the-art turkey, beef, pork and chicken processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers.
Fab Operator-Multivac Handtman Operator is a vital role in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. The types of roles available are machine operation, troubleshooting, setting up and tearing down of machines, hourly and daily paperwork, verifying quality and accuracy of products, all while making safety the number one priority.
While performing the duties of Fab Operator-Multivac Handtman Operator, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces; moving mechanical parts; fast paced warm/cool environment. Positions require standing the entire shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility.
• Program and operate the Handtmann machine with correct specs for products being produced
• Troubleshoot equipment problems
• Will do machine set up, tear down and style changes
• Responsible for some paperwork and other miscellaneous duties
• Maintain line efficiencies and line speed for employees assigned to that line
• Must be able to rotate within the departments and other departments
• Work on the line as needed
• Conduct PM’s
• Be able to fix small break downs
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to lift 40 1lbs
• Ability to work flexible hours and/or shifts
• Must be able to work in hot and humid environment.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be a self-starter and have good communication skills.
• Must be a team player, but also must be able to work well alone.
• Also, requires lifting, stooping, bending, reaching, pulling and recording weights from scales
• Previous production/farm experience
• Previous Cargill experience
• Work history in the past 12 months
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs