Lockheed Martin Packaging Engineer / HAZMAT / Troy, AL in Troy, Alabama
Description: This position is for the Missiles and Fire Control facility in Troy, Alabama. The candidate will be the central point of contact for all materials packaging activity for Troy programs. Details of the position involve all packaging and shipping activity, including (but not limited to) inspection, procedures, documentation, compliance to regulations (including BATFE), evaluation of 49 CFR HAZMAT Transportation requirements, compliance to in-house procedures, as well as DoD.4145 packaging and shipping requirements. The ideal candidate must be able to work on-call and varied shifts on occasion and may be required to travel infrequently.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging Engineering or other related Degree.
• Ability to train and become certified in all processes and procedures applicable to packaging and shipping.
• Understanding / ability to train and certify in 49 CFR HAZMAT transportation courses.
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrated skills in leading a work team and training a small group.
• Computer experience including MSOffice skills.
• Ability to read, understand, and develop written instruction from technical drawings and documents.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance and must have at a minimum an interim Secret security clearance prior to start.
• Ability to work additional time outside of normal work schedule.
•Background working knowledge of Package Engineering practices.
• Receiving / Shipping inspection background is a plus.
• SAP, WEB Based, Shipper, Government Bills of Lading,
• Hazardous Material Training 49CFR, IATA, IMDG, AFMAN.
• Packaging Engineering degree is a plus.
• Knowledge of DoD.4145.
• Knowledge of DTR 4500 Chapters 204 and 205.
• Ability to work and understand DOD requirements for delivery of assets to various DOD location.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs