Cardinal Health Sr Engineer - Full Java Stack developer in Twinsburg, Ohio
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalentexperience preferred
- 8+ years software development and customer engagementexperience preferred
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk or similar
- Experience with Hybris ispreferred/desired
- Demonstrated skill working with Linux (Red Hat and CentOS) and shell scripting
- An understanding of other cloud-based technologies (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.) and web-based API interfaces (SOAP, REST, AJAX, WebSockets, etc).
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform using APIGEE, converting web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa
- Experience with Git, and modern source codemanagement
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes and tools such as Concourse
- Understanding of or experience with containerization services such as Pivotal Container Service, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience developing customer-facing userinterfaces
- Experience with Agile methodology project organization (Scrum)
- Experience in building microservices using Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Spring Boot
- Experience in building solutions on Google Cloud Platform
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs