Weyerhaeuser Area Raw Materials Manager in Vanceboro, North Carolina
This position will be responsible for leading the purchasing, harvesting, and marketing of logs, standing timber and bi-products to directly support a lumber manufacturing facility located in Vanceboro/New Bern, NC. In addition this position will provide leadership and support to the raw material procurement and by-product sales teams for 2 other wood products manufacturing facilities in North Carolina.
- Engage associates in safely procuring raw materials that meets customer needs and driving improvement in key business metrics
- Ensure an injury free and inclusive culture is created by committed leaders and involved associates, backed by strong safety systems
- Provide leadership, coaching and developmental support to Raw Materials Managers
- Serve as acting Raw Material manager at local mill
Assist with setting goals, priorities and achieving desired results across geographic area
Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment with proven record of positive accomplishments in safety, quality, and people development
- Demonstrated excellence or experience in all procurement functional areas
- Demonstrated ability to be a part of and lead diverse team
- Thorough knowledge of the raw material supply chain
- Experience leading or participating in strategic planning for a mill or geography
- Experience managing significant budget responsibilities
- Excellent business and financial acumen, including business drivers and leverage points
- Demonstrated ability to lead other leaders and a track record of developing the capabilities of others and increasing bench strength
- Role model WY people principles and demonstrate core values
- Ability to travel 50%
- BS in forestry, or a related field, or equivalent in experience.
- Excellent oral & written communication, time management and negotiating skills
- Excellent computer skills with ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office software as well as internal systems
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Area Raw Materials Manager
Requisition ID: 01019287
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs