PAREXEL International LLC Biomarkers & Genomics Sr Scientist - Computational Proteomics/Genomics in United States
Biomarkers & Genomics Sr Scientist - Computational Proteomics/Genomics
Apply Now (https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25617&siteid=5091&jobid=1715141) Save Job
Job ID73679BR USA - Any Region - Home Based
As part of Parexel’s Translational Medicine, we have an exciting opportunity for Senior Scientists who are experienced and passionately in developing and applying new computational methodologies (e.g. ML/DL/Bayesian modeling/artificial intelligence) in clinical biomarker/omics data analysis (e.g. NGS, proteomics, epigenetics, microbiome, etc.). The candidate develops strong client relationships and works closely with clients to develop and implement data analytical strategies to support their drug discovery and development programs.
• Lead or contribute to develop, test, and adopt new computational methodologies and analytical pipelines to support biomarker discovery and development.
• Perform computational analysis of clinical biomarker data (e.g., transcriptomics, proteomics, epigenetics, microbiome, etc.) and derive scientifically or clinically meaningful interpretations
• Develop biomarker data analysis plan for clinical studies, authors or contributes to the development of clinical protocols, clinical study reports, regulatory responses and submissions and publications for peer review journals working closely with matrixed clinical development team
• Responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of client programs and projects to timelines, quality expectations and regulatory requirements.
• Accountable for end to end delivery and quality review of all client projects under their leaderships
• Develops and maintains a positive relationship with internal and external clients and team members, building partnerships and promoting teamwork
• Lead or contributes to the development of departmental capabilities including procedures, analytical pipeline and technologies
• May lead project team and coordinate the activities of a multi-disciplinary team
• Demonstrates independent thought and ability to influence design and implementation of projects and program deliverable
• Contributes to the preparation of marketing materials and client proposals
• May deliver sales and marketing presentations to potential clientsQualifications• A Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline (Computational Biology, Computer science, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or similar), with 5+ yrs experience in biopharmaceutical or CRO industry experience (or Master degree in the above relevant disciplines and more extensive experience)
• Deep understanding and solid experience in machine/deep learning modeling and data analysis using state-of-the-art platforms and tools
• Strong data analytical skills in building complex and well-design cloud-based models (e.g. using AWS or Domino)¬
• Strong experience using R for complex data analysis is required. Experience with other high-level programming languages such as Python is a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of SAS computing package is desired. Must possess basic hands-on experience with statistical analysis.
• Solid technical knowledge of advanced mathematics, data mining, an¬d big data platforms in biological and/or clinical data is a plus.
• Broad experience with analyzing data generated by one or more high-throughput molecular assays (e.g. NGS, proteomics, epigenetics, microbiome)
• Experience with reproducible research practices, including GitHub, is required. Must possess at least intermediate-level expertise of UNIX/LINUX environment
• Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
• Models and promotes the importance of teamwork and working in a matrix environment.
• Exhibits and promotes a flexible attitude to work assignments and new learning
• Advanced skills in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
• Excellent verbal and written communication, data presentation, and visualization skills
• Based upon client needs, East Coast based candidates are strongly preferred. However, consideration may be given to exceptional candidates in other areas of the US who have the ability to work East Coast hoursEEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.