Cardinal Health Customer Care Representative - Remote in United States
What Customer Operations Support contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for answering inbound calls from customers to place orders or reorders of medical supplies. Agents will act as a liaison, problem-solving order issues, researching accounts and providing resolutions in a high-volume call center.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2-4 years experience in high volume call center preferred where communication and active listening skills have been utilized
- Previous experience working in a remote/work from home setting is preferred
- Prior experience working with Microsoft Office is preferred
- Prior experience working with order placement systems and tools preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Root cause analysis experience preferred
- Familiarity with call-center phone systems preferred
- Excellent Phone Skills with a focus on quality
- Previous experience being able to achieve daily call center metrics including but not limited to average handle time, adherence, average speed to answer, QA
Responsibilities in this Role:
The Customer Care Specialist operates as a “Universal Agent”, who is able to meet the needs of our customers throughout the entire order placement lifecycle. Ultimately, qualified candidates, will be responsible for providing customer assistance, including, but not limited to, order placement, product information, order status, order discrepancies, and customer complaints for approximately 60-80 incoming calls per day.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers, caregivers, and applicable referral sources regarding various medical supplies while having sincere interest in the speaker
- Ability to handle high call volumes consistently throughout the workday that range in complexity and sensitivity while maintaining composure with customers
- Process orders for new and existing customers, collecting necessary information for insurance billing; collect payment as needed
- Operate company provided hardware and navigate multiple computer programs throughout the day to address customer's concerns
- Consults with Supervisor or Team Lead on complex and unusual problems
- Adhere to business processes to ensure all work is being done compliantly and in accordance with regulatory standards
- Navigate multiple systems and consult with internal resources to provide order status updates to achieve first time call resolution
- Interpret the meaning of insurance terminology, plans and documentation and explain what it means in an easy-to-understand way
- Explain our products and offerings to our customers to ensure compatible with customer conditions
- Identify and communicate appropriate next steps and expectations to customers based upon system messaging, insurance requirements, and order placement process
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers and co-workers at all times
SHIFT: Your new hire training will take place Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm EST, mandatory attendance is required. Once you have completed new hire training, you will take part in a shift bid to determine your schedule.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am-9pm EST Mon-Fri and 9am-3pm EST Sat. Agents assigned a shift with a Saturday workday will receive a shift differential of $1/hr. Agents assigned a shift that ends at or after 8pm, will receive a shift differential of $2/hr.
In addition, based on seasonal fluctuations in volume, there are times throughout the year where overtime is mandated.
REMOTE DETAILS: You will work from home, full-time.
As a work from home employee, the expectation is that you have your camera on when participating in your onboarding/training activities. Please note that work from home is not a substitute for childcare or eldercare, arrangements must be made ahead of your start date. You will be required to have a dedicated, quiet, private, distraction free environment with access to high-speed internet.
Internet requirements include the following:
Maintain a secure, high-speed, broadband internet connection (DSL, Cable, or Fiber) at the remote location. Dial-up, satellite, WIFI, WIFI extenders, Cellular/Hot Spot connections are NOT acceptable.
- If having connectivity issues and our IT dept. suspects connectivity issues are due to your ISP or your current set up, we will request that you change providers or rework your set up to not disrupt your daily productivity.
Download speed of(25Mbps – Minimum) but (50Mbps – Recommended) if nobody else at home streaming.
Upload speed of(10Mbps – Recommended)
Ping Rate Maximum of 30ms (milliseconds)
Hardwired to the router
Surge protector with Network Line Protection for CAH issued equipment
WHO WE ARE: Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for healthcare facilities. With 50 years of experience, approximately 48,000 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage starting Day 1
- 401K match program starting Day 1
- 23 days of Paid Time off after 90-day probation period
- Health savings account (HSA) & Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Anticipated salary range: $16.75/hr - $21.84/hr
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs