Abbott Infectious Disease Training Manager - West Area in United States
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for designing, implementing and executing solution selling educational programs for Abbott’s field representatives, employees and other internal customers. The Field Trainer will have a thorough understanding of the customer, their needs and the evolving marketplace to ensure sales and clinical representatives are effective in selling to and supporting our customers with Abbott’s technology solutions. They will be instrumental in ensuring the field organization is prepared to not only engage customers on the features and clinical elements of our products, but also on connecting needs to solutions. This self-starter will not only be critical in designing new curricula but will be instrumental in developing new and innovative ways to deliver the curriculum following best-practices in adult learning. This role will also focus on the global selling strategies implemented for training and new product launches
· In collaboration with multiple stakeholders (Education, Marketing, R&D, Sales, etc.), develops, implements and executes solution selling concepts into new employee and continuing education offerings for Abbott employees within classroom settings and/or other remote modalities.
· Develops, implements and executes solution selling curricula and training content to the field through multiple channels to build field competence in the following areas to drive sales effectiveness: Sales process, negotiation techniques, Capital Selling, Stakeholder management.
· Develops metrics to assess effectiveness of programs and quickly implements changes if needed.
· Engages field organization through periodic visits to understand the current selling, competitive, clinical and healthcare environment and makes necessary changes to the curriculum to ensure employees are adequately trained.
· Ensures comprehensive course materials are delivered through novel learning technologies
· Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the Infectious Diseases business.
· Resolves issues and meets project deadlines.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Manages vendors and other preferred industry partners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree. Life Sciences preferred.
· A minimum of five plus years training experience and/or field experience in adult learning concepts.
· Ability to apply the fundamental concepts and practices to conduct needs assessment and design training programs.
· Direct experience in sales techniques with the ability to incorporate key concepts within a clinical curriculum.
· Excellent computer and software skills (experience with Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Cloud required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
· Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to travel up to 50%, including internationally.
· Partner with Marketing and Sales teams to design new and innovative ways to address competitive threats and overcome barriers.
· Has an affinity for educating others.
· Demonstrated ability to simplify and explain complex topics effectively.
· Ability to coach clinical roles, sales roles and manager roles.
· Ingenuity and willingness to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training andcareer development ,with onboarding programs for new employees and tuitionassistance
Financialsecurity throughcompetitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health careand well-being programs including medical, dental, vision,wellness and occupational health programs
401(k) retirementsavings with a generous company match
Thestability of a company with a record of strong financialperformance and history of being actively involved in localcommunities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com at http://www.abbott.com/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs