Cardinal Health Logistics Specialist, Freight Pay and Audit in United States
What Logistics contributes to Cardinal Health
Logistics is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing, and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
This position is responsible for supporting Cardinal Health’s freight pay and audit process and systems. This position is instrumental in fostering change with internal and external customers through the planning, organizing, and implementation of logistics solutions. It will support work with cross-functional teams, such as IT, operations, logistics service providers, customer service, finance, and sales.
- Verify freight bill accuracy by ensuring that the amount charged by the carrier agrees with the rates on file
- Develop and maintain auditing procedures for all assigned carriers
- Request all rate information not on file in accordance with procedures
- Research all balance due bills for accuracy and prior payment in accordance with procedures
- Identify changes and other enhancements which will improve the overall efficiency and quality of processing
- Ensure proper general ledger coding and cost allocation procedures are being followed
- Investigate and diagnose potential errors and duplicate carrier billing
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of accounts payable/invoicing experience preferred
- 5+ years transportation/logisticsrelated experience preferred
- Demonstrated results in progressive positions of responsibility
- Strong work ethic, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to articulate messages through strong presentation skills and excellent written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and IF statements)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Basic understandingof various carrier pricing, tariff, and contract rate application
- Knowledge of financial processes, systems, controls and workstreams
- Ability to work effectively in a complex, ambiguous, and rapid change business environment
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and establish clear priorities quickly to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, collaborative interpersonal skills, and leadership skills
- High personal integrity and ethics with uncompromising standards
- Customer-centric mindset, problem-solving, and analytical skills required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve internal and external customer problems
Anticipated salary range: $63,200 - $90,300
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs