Cardinal Health Sr. Consultant, Clinical Research Operations in United States
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
What Clinical Specialty contributes to Cardinal Health
Clinical Specialty is responsible for providing quality, timely, granular, and actionable data for selected operational and clinical metrics, as well as tracking and identifying trends for healthcare data and providing benchmark comparisons for healthcare providers.
Cardinal Health’s Real-World Evidence and Insights division is comprised of 4 working groups: scientific operations, research analytics, research operations, and client engagement. We seek strong individuals with both the necessary technical background and the interpersonal skills which exemplify Cardinal Health’s leadership essentials. Our group is expanding focused on generating data and insights through real-world clinical research.
The Senior Consultant, Research Operations, in the Division of Real World Evidence and Insights, will contribute to the development of electronic data capture tools, assessing and ensuring the quality of clinical data across diverse specialty therapeutic areas (with a concentration in oncology, rheumatology, gastroenterology and/or neurology), and the recruitment and training of research sites participating in our real-world research networks. In addition, we seek individuals familiar with the development of outcomes-based contracts and/or metrics which assess performance on value-based care initiatives. This individual should have both practice experience in the clinic and ideally experience as a consultant. The individual will contribute to single projects and the long-term strategy for growing our research networks.
- Provides clinical guidance and insight for Research Operations team; including Case Report Form (CRF) development, clinical data quality control (QC), and clinical research to support projects
- Participating in marketing and sales opportunities to increase the number of physician practices that participate in PRN projects
- Provides consultation and assists in developing and monitoring metrics for value/outcomes-based contracting with practices and payers
- Ability to present marketing information and provide training to physician practices.
- Reviews and audits chart review data before and after data validation to ensure quality standards are met
- Facilitates physician pre-test interviews and screen sharing sessions as needed for data validation and/or physician verification
- Assists with development and training for portal used in onsite chart abstraction project
- Provides clinical consultation on projects across the business unit
- Conducts oncology education plan as part of onboarding for new team members
- Assist with the development of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts
- This position is remote work from home
- Undergrad required
- Nursing or other advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of experience field-based nursing experience in a clinic/practice-setting
- 1-3 years in consulting or related experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Works on or may lead highly complex projects of large scope
- Projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Negotiates complex or risky technical business issues on behalf of the company
- Independently defines project establishes budgets identifies participants and mitigates risk
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs