Cardinal Health Sr. Software Engineer, Specialty Innovation Solutions in United States
Note: Relocation is NOT required for this position. For the right person, this role can work fully remote, including after return to office due to COVID.
What does it mean to be a Software Engineering Lead at Cardinal Health?
- At Cardinal, we expect all our engineers to be full-stack developers that can work in each technical layer of modern software development.
- For the Tech Lead role, we specifically seek individuals who are top performing engineers with an architect’s mindset and strong leadership capabilities.
- This role serves many important purposes at Cardinal: a hands-on senior engineer in an Agile development environment; a software and technology designer, a system architect; a development coach to other engineers; a partner to the product team in proving the feasibility of ideas and designs; and ultimately a technical direction-setter for a fortune 16 company.
- This role will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders across the organization, including Product Leadership, System Security and Architecture, to build and deliver new, innovative technology solutions that will transform healthcare into a safer and more cost-effectiveindustry.
- Broad experience in multiple programming languages, models and techniques
- Expert-level Java proficiency
- Proficiency in client-side web development
- Proficiency in data modeling and API design
- Proficiency with SQL/relational databases
- Experience with NO-SQL platforms and concepts
- Experience with modern cloud hosting platforms
- Experience with modern security patterns, including certificate-based security
- Experience with Kafka Architecture preferred
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/IT/IS or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years’ experience in software development
- 2+ Years in a technical leadership role, such as Senior Engineer or Architect
- Experience in health or healthcare related field preferred
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Full-time remote position possible for the right candidate
- Light travel: 3-5 times a year
Attributes of the right person for this role:
- You possess a highly collaborative, team-first attitude.
- You are a master developer, technologist with a desire to develop products that positively impact lives.
- You are a dedicated mentor and coach who is passionate about advancing your team and your teammates.
- You are a leader and self-starter who loves to solve problems through technology.
- You have deep hands-on expertise and experience across the entire technology stack.
- You love to be involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP through architecting and building a scalable production system.
- You have expertise in system design, system interoperability and software architecture.
- You have a passion and proven track record for creating robust, scalable applications.
- You love working on high performing teams, collaborating with team members of all disciplines, and have a record of improving your team’s ability to deliver.
- You are passionate about delivering quality products though practices like TDD, ATDD and other software validation and testing approaches.
- You are motivated by solving challenging technical problems and teaching others to do the same.
- You get excited by the thought of no legacy code .
- You are willing to understand complex, and sometimes non-technical, customer and business needs.
- You possess a perpetual learner mindset.
- You are motivated by innovating in a fast-paced, teamcentered-environment.
The Colorado Department of Labor requires all employers to provide the following information for all positions that could be performed in the state of Colorado
Anticipated salary range: $110,000.00 - $158,300.00
Bonus eligible: Yes
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs