Cardinal Health Supervisor, Quality Assurance in United States
What Quality Assurance contributes to Cardinal Health
Quality develops and implements quality policies, procedures, and processes to ensure products and services comply with regulatory standards and specifications.
Quality Assurance develops and implements a compliant and cost-effective quality system that assures products and services are reliable, safe and effective. This job family provides oversight of production/manufacturing activities, training to operational and quality control personnel, and educates business leaders on Quality policies and procedures and ensures that all products and services are properly reviewed for quality and documented.
This role responsible for leading the Product Quality New Item Add (NIA) team which is responsible for project management associated with national brand, 3PL (Third Party Logistics) and Cardinal initiated product setup for Medical and Pharmaceutical Distribution.
- Perform a quality and regulatory review of new products added to the Medical Distribution master file
- Perform hazardous materials review for new items added to the Pharmaceutical Distribution master file
- Assist in the creation and updating of SOPs related to New Item Add and DOT Hazmat shipping programs within the Medical and Pharmaceutical Distributions businesses, as directed
- Participate in project workshops as a SME relating to New Item Add
- Create and deliver training programs relating to New Item Add topics
- Interact with cross-functional business partners (Supplier Relations, Product Database, Operations, Category Management, Inventory, Sourcing, etc.) become the contact person for any issues or concerns in regards to New Item Add (NIA)
- Works cross-functionally and has the ability to interpret the requirements as well as educate and influence others on those requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to perform trending reports and statistics in regards to team tasks
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal Laws and regulations
- Become incorporated in being the SME for P-MOD
- Participate in improving Agile processes
- Become the lead for incoming NIAs from acquired vendors and companies
- Manage the California Proposition 65 coding and aligning our processes to meet new regulations as it changes
- Research QRA related topics and summarize results
- Manage the legacy coding process
- SME for 3PL coding of Next Generation items
- Manage the International REACH/MDR attributes
- Manage the Kaiser environmental attributes
- Review and approve new bid lists from sourcing.
- Develops Leadership Skills by proactively expanding and maintaining broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results. Ensures teammates are also up to date on regulatory changes
- Champions and leads change initiatives; identifies the best approach for implementing strategic processes
- BA, BS preferred or equivalent experience in related field
- 4-6 years of experience preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following regulations: Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for transporting hazardous materials 49 CFR 100-185, FDA regulations for prescription drugs and medical devices (21 CFR), Environmental Protection Agencies (EPA) regulations for handling and disposing of hazardous materials 40 CFR 260-265
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, SAP, and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent project management skills
- Certification for the transportation of hazardous materials for ground, air and water shipments preferred
- Must be able to travel 15%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations or business staff
- Administers and exercises policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact to work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
Anticipated salary range: $61,000-$100,000
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs