Hilton Front Office Control Clerk - Hilton Waikoloa Village in Waikoloa, Hawaii
A Front Office Rooms Control Clerk is responsible for organizing and overseeing all tour group arrivals/pre-check in groups to ensure total group satisfaction. Ensures that all guest confirmed specific accommodations are pre-assigned, and all requests for special accommodations are met daily. Provides prompt and courteous service to meet Hilton’s standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
A Front Office Rooms Control Clerk is responsible for organizing and overseeing all tour group arrivals/pre-check in groups to ensure total group satisfaction. Ensures that all guest confirmed specific accommodations are pre-assigned, and all requests for special accommodations are met daily. Provides prompt and courteous service to meet Hilton’s standards of quality. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Completes the pre-registration and registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Pre-blocks all specific accommodations and special requests at least 3 days prior to arrival. Prioritizes welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Review arrivals on a daily basis. Upgrade Gold and Diamond members when available. Review receipt setup and special requests. Complete all special services requests. Monitor out of order rooms and communicate with Property Operations and Housekeeping on their expected return for use. Relay all of the pertinent group information to the GSA’s. Maintain accurate room type available through room planning and pre-arranging.
- Verifies imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handles cash, makes change and balances and assign house bank. Accepts and records vouchers, traveler’s checks and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates. Performs accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Posts charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer. Closes tour and guest accounts at the time of check-out and ascertains satisfaction.
- Promptly answers the telephone using positive and clear English. Inputs messages into the computer. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolves complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Fields guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiates results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
What are we looking for?
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- 4 year college degree preferred with emphasis on foreign languages.
1-2 years prior guest services experience preferred. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously performing essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Front Office Control Clerk - Hilton Waikoloa Village
Requisition ID: HOT08TLO
- Hilton Jobs