Hilton Guest Service Agent - Hilton Waikoloa Village in Waikoloa, Hawaii
A Guest Services Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel . Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Services Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel . Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally confirms the room number and rate. Promotes and administers Hilton Marketing Programs such as Hilton Honors, for arriving guests. Ensures guest knows location of room, and arranges for team member to accompany guest to room. Provides welcome packet containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc. to guest.
- Ensures rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement. Properly accounts for services provided by the hotel. Assists guests with check out payments orcharges. Accepts and records vouchers, credit, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listens to understands requests, responds with appropriate action and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- Receives special requests from guests, and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate team members for decisions and actions.
- Promptly answers the telephone and email inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and advises other team members of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items for customers as requested.
- Fields guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
4 year college degree preferred with emphasis on foreign languages.
1 - 2 years of prior guest service experience are preferred. Prior hospitality experience also preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Guest Service Agent - Hilton Waikoloa Village
Requisition ID: HOT08TLV
- Hilton Jobs