Cardinal Health Pharmacist 7on/7off, Overnight in Westmont, Illinois
This position requires you to work within our licensed pharmacy and not from your home.
Work Schedule: 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.(or similar) 7on/7off rotation Wednesday through Tuesday
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Hospital Pharmacist Remote Order Entry
Through our remote service, we serve acute-care hospitals, providing you an opportunity to practice hospital pharmacy outside of a hospital setting. Utilize your clinical skills – including monitoring, dosing and reviewing patient medication therapy – and leave the dispensing to the hospital. This unique approach to pharmacy operations results in flexible work schedules, a team environment and time for you to focus on what you do best – patient care.
Cardinal Health Remote Pharmacy Services is currently searching for a highly energetic and clinically oriented pharmacist to join our remote pharmacy team. Pharmacists will utilize their clinical skills to remotely service our clients’ patients, and provide a top notch continuity of care.
- Remote order entry and CPOE order evaluation and verification
- Assure acquisition or renewal of all pharmacy staff licenses
- Performs as staff pharmacist as needed
- Physician and nursing consultations
- Clinical medication dosing services
- Review and monitoring of profiles and lab values for therapeutic outcomes
- Coordinates access to medications according to facility policy and procedures, and in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Active pharmacy license(s) in state of residence as well as state of original licensure.
- 2-4 years of clinical hospital inpatient experience preferred.
- Ability to gain reciprocity to additional states required for practice.
- Computer savvy to learn and perform successful operation of multiple pharmacy information systems.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the successful interactions with other healthcare professionals to facilitate the delivery of competent clinical care.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes action to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance and may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs