Cardinal Health Pharmacy Technician in Wichita 108 Nucl Pharm Team, Kansas
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy
Click here to watch a short video about what a Nuclear Pharmacy Technician does at Cardinal Health
- 40 hours weekly - Full Time
- Overnight shift
- Monday - Friday
- Rotating start times between 12:30am - 8:30am or 1:15am - 9:15am
- Must be flexible to work other hours and days as needed
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, you will be trained to draw, dispense, and package radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy. Many of your duties will include:
- Prepare prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Draw doses into either a syringe or vial
- Perform quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer's guidelines
- Receive, document, and store incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintain computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for Rx drugs
- Assist and/or perform in the labeling of blood cell products
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Make deliveries to accounts with company vehicles as needed
- Speak with customers and address questions and/or concerns via telephone
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy. Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy, licensure as a Pharmacy Technician. Certification may be required
- Past experience as a Pharmacy Technician a plus
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects.
- Demonstrated manual dexterity in order to dispense doses.
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must hold a valid driver's license in the state in which the pharmacy is located
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to use computers and tablets).
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs