DuPont Mammalian Toxicologist and Risk Assessor Specialist in Wilmington, Delaware
Mammalian Toxicologist and Risk Assessor Specialist (Job Number: 212317W-01)
The DuPont Nutrition and Biosciences business has an opening for a Mammalian Toxicologist and risk assessment Specialist. This role will be in either the US Headquarters in Wilmington, DE or the European Headquarters in Leiden, The Netherlands. This role is aligned to DuPont Nutrition and Biosciences Toxicology group which is committed to insuring the safety of Dupont Nutrition and Bioscience products for humans and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Head of Toxicology for Nutrition and Biosciences, this role is responsible for the toxicology support of biocidal products and active ingredients (substances) registrations, as well as the support of other Nutrition and Bioscience businesses (e.g., enzymes, personal care, probiotics). This role provides toxicology and risk assessment support for DuPont Nutrition and Bioscience products used across numerous markets. This position involves close cooperation with different functions, including product stewardship, commercial, marketing, and R&D, as well as with other toxicology and risk assessment experts within DuPont Nutrition and Biosciences.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Perform product safety assessments by providing toxicological/risk assessment support for Nutrition and Bioscience business units. This includes reviewing new and existing products and processes, as well as developing recommendations on required and appropriate toxicology data collection and research.
• Develop toxicology testing plans to support registrations or defense of products
• Understanding of global chemical regulatory requirements (i.e., EU BPR/REACH, USEPA FIFRA/TSCA, Canadian PMRA/DSL, and recent China and Korea programs) for purposes of product testing and registration.
• Understanding and translation of complex toxicological information into recommendations and clear messages for a wide range of scientific to non-scientific audiences.
• Ability to incorporate toxicity and exposure studies to estimate the level of risk that could result from exposure to a known concentration of chemical or biological material to support new product introductions, or to support registration dossiers.
• Monitoring of GLP Toxicology studies to ensure compliance with the appropriate protocols, guidelines, and sound scientific practices.
• Acquire expertise in the risk assessment models developed by authorities globally for various product applications
• Participate in Competent Authorities’ meetings as an expert representing DuPont Nutrition and Biosciences
• Provide issue management support for products and substances across key external stakeholder groups through active participation in trade associations and via advocacy with governmental agencies.
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
This position will have a working knowledge of global chemicals management regulatory systems. Effective interpersonal communications skills are a critical competency since this role requires the ability to interface with a variety of scientific subject matter experts from various geographies. The Toxicologist will work individually and within a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Broad science work experience and skill set
• Ph.D. in Toxicology or in a related discipline (i.e., biochemistry, pharmacology, cell biology, or public health, etc.) OR a master’s degree (i.e. toxicology, biochemistry, pharmacology, cell biology, or public health, etc.) with five years or more of relevant work experience is required.
• A broad knowledge base in toxicology, typically with a recognized expertise in a key discipline in toxicology, metabolism, toxicogenomics, chemistry and / or risk assessment is required.
• Three to five years’ experience practicing toxicology and / or risk assessment within a product safety framework is preferred.
• Fluency in the English language
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Project management experience
• Expected to spend up to 10-15% of time external to the company supporting business customer interactions, trade associations or interacting with government officials
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Organization: Nutrition & Biosciences
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
- DuPont Jobs