Textron Principal Facility Planner in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Principal Facility Planner
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Wilmington, MA. business area. VisitTextronSystems.com&Lycoming.comto read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Facility Planner position reports directly into the Facilities leadership. This position focuses on creation of layouts, detailed drawings, and project plans to execute requirements for short-range and long-range facility needs aligned to business requirements. This role is heavily involved in collection of customer requirements and transitioning those requirements into solid plans which when executed support cost, schedule, and scope needs of the business. The role requires a high degree of project management skills to see projects through from initiation to successful closure to include budget management. This is a very customer-service oriented role requiring a high level of customer and stakeholder interface, facilitation, and collaboration. This position requires a specific focus on continuous improvement of processes, systems, and tools to optimize the business and specifically facility customer service.
1. Manages high complexity projects to include capital, short-to-long range facility planning and specific project-based efforts.
2. Works independently or directly team/individuals originating complex 2D layouts and artistic renderings of complete systems for new or existing projects requiring applications. Work involves capturing all utility, structural and other associated details which must be specified and annotated on the layout.
3. Coordinates with stakeholders to establish particular preparation requirements
for construction documentation to the assigned project to meet customer
4. Coordinates and performs various activities and functions associated with the design such as checking, documentation management, construction release, internal/external customer interfacing, and vendor interface.
5. Performs a wide variety of routine construction studies and analyses in connection with staking, materials, and structures (non-complex problems).
6. Verifies and checks compliance of design and drawings with AAI/Textron drafting standards and conventions, contractual/military specifications and requirements (where applicable) from approved manuals and libraries.
7. Contacts appropriate personnel to secure data or requirements, clarify technical problems, evaluate designs, and discuss checking discrepancies and resolve user concerns.
8. Performs investigative work relative to the selection of vendor components and material to provide the least possible cost for fabrication, assembly, ease of service, and maintenance without sacrificing performance, adaptability, appearance or customer quality.
9. Focuses on processes and systems associated with collecting customer requirements (voice of customer), synthesizing and analyzing requirements, developing numerous potential solutions, evaluating solutions, developing recommendations and presenting project options to customers.
10. Participates in improvement initiatives, using continuous improvement techniques, above and beyond program responsibilities to increase efficiency and quality.
11. Reviews systems and processes and drives to automate and improve to reduce human error, improve the customer experience, and drive cost efficiencies.
12. Defines and creates metrics as required to identify improvement opportunities.
13. Implements communications systems internally within facilities and company-wide that optimizes awareness and preparation for upcoming projects, weather events, external events or changes, etc.
14. Manages budgets to ensure execution is conducted on-time, within scope and to budget. Must institute industry standard budget management tracking systems coupled with solid risk analysis as part of project management.
15. Practices project management principles and concepts.
16. May manage and/or lead others in facility improvement projects.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Walking, Fingering, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions.
This position will be exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Visual requirements are the minimum standard for those whose work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, using computer terminals.
Individuals may be excluded from positions where duties or tasks pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
1. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
2. Travel to vendor / customer locations when required.
1. Knowledge drafting standards and conventions.
2. Broad knowledge of building quality specifications.
3. Broad knowledge of municipal building codes.
4. General knowledge of construction applications to independently perform research and obtain additional information (e.g. from Engineers, Architects, Safety, Planners, catalogs, specifications) to complete an assignment autonomously.
5. Responsible for the design configuration, all drawings, and documentation requirements needed for a complete construction package.
6. Effective administrative organizational skills applicable to the management of construction documentation and documenting design change activity during the development and construction phase.
7. Thorough knowledge and operation of computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, internally developed software, and maintenance creation of user libraries).
8. Ability to demonstrate innovative and creative design approaches.
9. Ability to adapt quickly to changes. (e.g. drafting tool software changes, project variations, process changes).
10. Ability to interpret and perform a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form with minimal supervision.
11. Ability to work to schedule and budget constraints established in the work breakdown structure for each program assigned.
12. Ability to work well with others employing Team AAI/Textron principles.
13. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
14. Understanding of and application of continuous improvement principles and concepts.
15. Excellent facilitator and collaboration skills.
16. Excellent customer-oriented skills.
17. Excellent Power Point development and presentation skills.
18. Excellent demonstrated leadership and management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Typically requires five (5) years of relative experience, in managing $5M in capital improvement projects or equivalent education and/or experience to demonstrate the ability to successfully perform the job.
Bachelors Degree with at least five (5) years relevant experience, preferably in industrial engineering.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Support Services
Primary Location US-Massachusetts-Wilmington
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 288772
- Textron Jobs