Bridgestone Americas, Inc Plant Engineering Manager in WILSON, North Carolina
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve , Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Plans and directs activates to maintain and upgrade plant technology, equipment, and manpower to achieve the highest level of quality and productivity possible.
• Directly supervise the work assignments and performance of all subordinates
• Assign priorities and provide guidance and motivation to all subordinates
• Train and assist all subordinates in company procedure and proper management of responsibilities
• Review and approve maintenance, janitorial, stores, and engineering departments originated purchases orders
• Review and approve all mechanical order request and revisions
• Review and approve all requests for new stock items
• Review and approve engineering and maintenance contracts, space, equipment removal orders, equipment turnover from the project, etc.
• Recommends personal changes to manager
• Conduct meetings with all subordinates
• Interview prospective for positions that are open
• 4-year engineering degree (prefer engineering license)
• 2 years Jr staff engineer
• 3 years’ staff engineer
• 3 years Sr. staff engineer
• 3 years engineering supervisor or maintenance management
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Posted Date 1 week ago (2/14/2020 9:00 AM)
Employee Type Regular Full-Time
Degree Preferred 4 Year Degree
Requisition ID 2020-177440
Zip Code 27893
Functional Area Manufacturing
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy of Bridgestone to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc
- Bridgestone Americas, Inc Jobs