CVS Health Category Management Internship (Graduate) in Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Start date: June 7th, 2021
End date: August 13th, 2021
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
Principle Duties and
• Contributes directly to sales and margin goals in assigned category.
• Analyzes profit and loss information for the category, develops sales and
margin projections, and assists Category Manager in P&L reconciliation.
• Analyzes relevant data and incorporates findings and recommendations into
Category Plans (i.e., optimal SKU mix; Extracare loyalty program; promotional
programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years that reflect deep
personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
• Drives tactical execution of day-to-day plan activities (e.g., builds
off-shelf plans, tracks promotional period and performs post appraisal to take
corrective action if necessary).
• Collaborates with an internal team of CVS professionals in Inventory,
Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations.
• Analyzes sales records and inventory levels of current stock; seeks new,
alternative foreign and domestic suppliers.
• Develops and maintains a strong understanding of current competition;
searches out new competitive opportunities and makes recommendations.
• Keeps abreast of changes in the market. Researches customer product
preferences, supplier prices and the competitive environment.
• Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
• Candidates must be enrolled in a two year MBA program
Strong working knowledge
of retail math concepts and demonstrated application
• Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or
other database knowledge
• Thinks and Acts Strategically. Anticipates business opportunities and
• Drives Speed and Innovation. Challenges self and the organization to seek and
promote leading edge solutions, create new opportunities, and be the
• Manages and Develops Self. Seeks opportunities, guidance and feedback to
develop own knowledge, skills and capability.
• Contributes to High-Performing Teams. Works together in a committed way to
achieve a common mission.
• Impacts and Influences Others. Skillfully persuades others to support
important initiatives, gain alignment with our strategy and goals, and act in
the best interests of the company.
• You should currently be pursuing an MBA
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 and August 2022
• Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs